Here are a few fun trivia facts...
- A few weeks ago, 2014 Armistice tournament winner Michael Morgan sent his best wishes and said that since he was attending college out of state, he could not return to defend his title. We'll miss him!
- Dory hasn't won a Victory Medal in almost 20 years, yet her three-in-a-row streak in the early 90's still places her second on the all-time Armistice Day winner's list.
- As the defending Red Baron Fight champion, Stephen has a chance to win both RBF and Armistice Day in the same year for the fourth time in his career. Only two others have ever done it (Rick Lacy 2013, Terry Phillips 1993).
- Winless in 13 attempts, Stephen Dale holds the record for the most tries at Armistice Day without scoring a title. If he wins, that dubious honor passes to Scott Campbell and Alice Skinner (8 tourneys each, no wins).
- How can Kevin compete for the squadron championship this year even though he hasn't played in 2015? He's a former squadron champ and as such, gets a lifetime eligibility exemption.
- Dory and Ken Mrozak are the only ADFT winners to defend their titles in consecutive years. Stephen, with 8 titles to his credit, has never managed to win two Victory Medals back-to-back.
- Kevin's two championship titles were separated by 6 years (2003-2009), the longest gap between championships of any player in Indy Squadron history.
- Stephen Dale finished 2nd in 2013, only 18 points behind Rick for the win, and has finished in the top three in his last three Armistice Day outings.
- Ethan is the only person to ever win an Indy title flying a Morane Saulnier A1... a record that may never be matched!
See you at the 27th annual Indy Squadron title game tomorrow!