Rick Claims 2nd RBF Title
The 24th annual Red Baron Fight was held at Arsenal Game Room in Indianapolis on April 13th and for the second straight year, the player flying the Red Baron's all-red Triplane took home the Silver Goblet.
Like last year's game, Red Baron Fight XXIV featured just five players, marking the first time since 1997-98 that RBF drew five players in consecutive years.
Dice were rolled for choice, and the sides stacked up like this:
- GERMAN: Stephen Skinner, Albatros DVa high compression
- GERMAN: Dory Oda, Albatros DVa high compression
- GERMAN: Rick Lacy, Fokker Dr I, all red
- BRITISH: Stephen Dale Skinner, Sopwith Camel 130 hp
- BRITISH: Ethan Skinner, Sopwith Camel 130hp
Dory's Albatros moved first on Turn 1, but somehow emerged unscathed when the other four airplanes all attacked each other. Rick's Dr I took a first-turn pounding, and Stephen's Albatros managed a 9-hit burst on Stephen Dale's Camel and appeared to be an early contender. Five of those hits went into the Camel's left wing, inflicting a fabric tear critical hit that would later have telling results. CLICK "READ MORE" TO CONTINUE